Sunday, July 20, 2008

Slack again

Nobody blogs anymore. Facebook has taken over the universe. I like the news feed - I can see what all of my 5 friends have been up to, on one handy page. Technology and laziness live together quite happily.

Have been painting. Everything. All at once. There is a curfew on painting, though. Have to stop by 4pm, or the paint I have just put on the walls, wants to slide back off in the night. Have had the last two days off, to do XC, and visit with family and some of my 5 friends.

Have loaned No.3 to my sister for a couple of days. Quite unplanned - he is existing with one pair of undies, some jeans, running shorts with inners, a T-shirt and a jumper. Probably quite happy with that - takes the effort out of getting dressed for the day. They will do domestic bits and pieces today, and he will have the fun of being "the only child" for a couple of days, with his indulgent aunty running the show.

Missed my long run this morning. Woke up, considered whether to go out to the forest, and looked at babyG's sleeping face, with her little lips pushed forward in mock-feeding sucking patterns. I let her sleep. And No.1 too, who was going to ride her mountain bike with me. So we are lazy today, after tearing around the equestrian park yesterday at XC. No.2 has a science project to finish and write up, but he is pretending it's not happening, so it's not happening.

Working tomorrow for a few hours. Totally impractical office location these days - just about impossible for two people and a baby to work together.

I'm tired. Might go and rest somewhere, while babyG naps. Will find some photos and add them later.

No comments: