Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Go slow.


I'm tired. I don't know why, but I am. Not the good kind of tired, like you've done ever so many miles in the bush on the trails, or just worked a 16hr day on overdrive. I am just all-over-tired. And I keep getting colds. Usu. I get a sniffle once a year, for a day or two, and that's it.

I'm running, but my running is not really improving. Admittedly it's almost impossible to take a toddler in a stroller everywhere you go, including every run you do, and for it all to be high quality stuff like you might choose. Dialogue last Wed afternoon between me and the complaining stroller occupant went something like -
"OK, when we're at home, I play with you. We read baby books, I feed you, wash you, dress you and cuddle you. Up here (in the forest), you work for me. Now turn around and sit down and be quiet, mummy's running".

And babyG's dad is still in outer space. I don't think he's ever going to be able to turn off the craziness inside his head, and I don't think he thinks so either. So he plays games with his life to distract himself. It's not much fun for the people around him, though.

On the better side of things, No. 1 is home on a short break from Uni. Makes even the ordinary things special. I love her seemingly endless creativity - the cartoons, the photography, the spring cleaning, the dreaming. And today I got to see her smiling as she ran the final round of a skins 60m race, laughing away as she struggled across the line in 2nd. Very happy for her to be happy.

No comments: