Thursday, September 17, 2009

Meandering Along





Second week of holidays from Uni for No.1. We've done some running, bit of op-shopping, hanging out at home doing our respective things. A good restorative time for us both.

Had a rare but lovely session on the phone with my bro last night. I value his input - he always manages to refresh my outlook with his straightforward view of things.

The sledging rubbish on CR goes on. Of course some of the posters are thoughtful, earnest people, who are just throwing around jokes like a lit firecracker, passing it from person to person, and laughing together over it all. Others have more intent, and a sense of deep conviction about what they write. Might be time for another holiday from reading it all, I think. I don't think I'm gaining much from my exposure. I did bother to answer one question just for my own satisfaction, that I will record here for posterity, as it is the answer to a swipe that always annoys me. BabyG's dad's best time for the C2S is 41.29, and would have won the event on 17 other occasions (in addition to the year he won). I think he came 5th the year he did his best time. Shows how the depth of running talent has changed since the 1980s and 90s.

On with the games.

No comments: